View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Preference Round.

The next morning, my roommate got her schedule. I was freaking out and refreshing my email like crazy because mine hadn’t come in. Thankfully, it came in a few seconds after hers. Of course, I know now that my Gamma Chis would’ve told me earlier if I didn’t have any invites, but I didn’t know that in the moment. I opened my email to see…

Frank

So this was it. Since I only had one house, I was guaranteed a bid there. I honestly felt numb. I had liked Frank all week, but I didn’t feel anything special. But I knew that just because you didn’t feel a strong connection to a house during recruitment didn’t mean that you wouldn’t have a great experience there. I was thankful they invited me back. I had the first party of the day there, so I finished getting ready and headed over.

I was hoping to have a typical emotional preference round experience at Frank so that I could have that feeling of “knowing” that Frank was the one. That didn’t happen. The ceremony was nice, and I talked to the member I had talked to during the second round. They sang a pretty song. I told the active that I could see myself there, but I didn’t tell her that they were my only house left because I didn’t know if we were supposed to do that or not. Like I mentioned previously, I’m not an emotional person, so I didn’t cry or feel really moved by the ceremony, but it was all right. At this point in the week, I was emotionally drained.

After the party was over, I made my preference. I called my mom and told her excitedly that I was going to be a Frank. The week had been hard for her too, but we were excited about Frank, especially because they had such a beautiful house.

That evening, we had a final meeting as a Gamma Chi group. After our meeting, I went to dinner with my roommate and a couple of other girls from our group. They were nervous because they’d had two houses that day, but I was able to rest easy knowing where I’d be. The night passed quickly to me. I was happy that I was going to get to see my family at Bid Day the next morning because I was missing them.

Next up? Bid Day!