View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
^^ LIKE!! Ours is still the cobalt blue, with light (azure) blue and white accents. Lots of snowflakes.

I'm seriously considering stopping at a craft store, and discussing silk flowers with someone there. We are too close to be able to pay cash for a condo to wreck this budget!
Honey, I had a wonderful florist. Hubby and I figured out an amount we thought we could spend on flowers, and when I met with the florist, I told him what that was and any ideas I had. He worked it out in a way that met my budget. For example, I wanted hydrangeas - and he told me native ones, while lighter in hue, are cheaper. That was fine by me.

I also wanted white violets (ZTA!) in my bouquet, and was willing for those to be silk as they were hard to find. He actually ended up finding real ones! He also was able to suggest flowers that were similar to ones I liked but less expensive (I didn't realize how much stephanotis was, for one...).

Set yourself a dollar amount and be a little flexible in terms of which types of flowers, and you can still have amazing flowers! I was so happy with mine! :-)