View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

This year GC is very different from last year. Many of the regular posters changed their signatures so they could post without ANY reference to their GLO. It was a way they could freely offer advice
without any point of reference to a particular GLO. Maybe that was a lot of effort for a small return, but if you are a member of ABC and ABC treats a number of PNMs negatively, you could say what was in your heart, perhaps-dump ABC or RUN from ABC. Likewise, if you have your sorority in your name, many felt GC PNMs might be slightly influenced because they identified in some small way with you and your GLO.
I would think there were times when actives from the university a PNM was seeking membership wanted to say something-DID say something. That would only be Kosher if it was generic and not affiliated wth a specific group. Hence, the "name change".

I don't know if that theory held any SIGNIFICANT degree of truth, but the general feeling was- if you were going to err, err on the side of caution. Still, if someone wants to dig up posts on particular sororities or posters affiliated with particular sororities, it isn't too difficult, just time consuming.

I think we've ALL been guilty-no use crying over spilt milk.