View Single Post
Old 08-25-2001, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Gosh, I finally figured out how to work the mesages. How wonderful, thank you all. My daughter frequented this board for a lengthy amount of time, now I know why. I haven't spent this much time on line since we signed up for our internet service.

To answer questions--Our area was full of legacies to one sorority in particular. I don't know why, but if any remained, I haven't heard of them yet. My daughter described them as "hard looking." It was at the first party so when she said there was something about them that made her feel really uncomfortable, I let it go. I was a bit shocked because they are considered to be a strong sorority. What happened, I think, is every girl starts out thinking "Who will I cut?" They don't realize it doesn't work that way in this environment. They were pretty open about who they liked and didn't so embarrassment may have come into play. Afterall, who wants to be in a sorority that everyone "hates". They may have declined too quickly. Add to that what I stated about legacies getting cut hard right out of the shoot. I would love to hear a wrap up by the sororities on campus that stated where they may have gone wrong. There were 3 in particular that turned a great many girls off at the start. Maybe everyone was a tad too confident at the start. Anyway, I appreciate and will convey to my daughter your good wishes. I too must thank everyone. My husband has been listening to this stuff for far too long. It helped so much to be able to let this out.