View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
I'm not super familiar with the reason a pnm would be told she can't become a new member for any specific sorority if that specific sorority has a rule against offfering a bid to a student who has been previously cut during recruitment. That would be membership selection information, which ought to have stayed in-house and never told to your daughter no matter how disappointed she was with her recruitment result. Are you sure she's telling you the truth about her situation?
I was surprised by this as well. This was told to her first by her friend in the sorority and then verified by her Rho Gamma. Her Rho Gamma wanted to make sure that the sorority knew that my daughter did not sign a bid card fora different sorority, which she did not since she did not make it to pref round. So her Rho Gamma spoke with the sister in charge of recruitment for the sorority and was told that per nationals they could not ever offer a bid to someone who had been previously cut. The Rho Gamma then relayed this infomation to my daughter.