View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG13 View Post
Okay so I'm rushing a colonizing sorority this fall and they are making this new pledge class of 150 girls. From what most people have told me is that everyone will get a bid however I'm still curious if it's even possible for me to not get a bid or the stuff someone has to do wrong to not get one?
Point of information: each sorority conducts membership selection during a colonization process just like any other recruitment activity. It is definitely possible to not receive a bid, as we have had women on GC participate in large chapter colonizations and be released.

Membership selection criteria is private to each sorority, so we are not able to discuss what teams look at when selecting PNMs.

In terms of not getting a bid, there are a number of things that could be the cause. In addition to what Titchou said, it is possible that there could just be too many PNMs. For example, if XYZ Sorority is allowed to take a maximum of 150 women, and 250 sign up, not everyone is going to receive a bid. There are also GPA requirements, so anyone not meeting those standards is likely not going to receive a bid as well. You could also just not conversationally click with your interviewers. If you just kind of robot talk and don't show personality, that may affect you as well.

There are other possible scenarios as well, but your best bet is to focus on how to present yourself the best way! Good luck to you!

Lakers Nation.