View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrygloss View Post
My re-recruitment starts soon-ish! I’m super excited for it and I’m a lot more confident in myself this year.

The link to my recruitment last year is here:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=105731

Or if you don’t want to read all of it, here’s a quick summary:

I went through absolutely clueless last year. I was super intimidated by all of the PNM’s and was very shy during recruitment. I was offered a bid to New York last year, but after not feeling right with the sisters and the potential new pledge class, I declined and dropped out of recruitment. They were the only chapter to go through COB, and seeing this as a sign (lol) I went to an event with them and it still didn’t feel right. I am a legacy to Barcelona, which I loved last year, however I also thoroughly enjoyed Paris, Tokyo, and London. Rome, Los Angeles, and Miami didn’t quite make a super-great impression on me.

Fast-forward to this year: I focused on good rush conversations. I practiced with friends and my mom (who was a rush advisor for sororities—not sure what the official name for that is though) and wrote down good topics for conversations. I have a great wardrobe this year and CONFIDENCE!
I’m open to all the sororities. If Miami, Rome, or Los Angeles is just outstanding, then GREAT! It’s a new year. I’m trying to not have a bias against New York, but we will have to see. It might be hard to forget last year, but I’m going to really try to go in with as open mind as I can because you never know what might happen.

Also, a new chapter is colonizing on campus this year, so if things don’t go well, I could go through their recruitment after formal.

I will put more details after we meet with our Rho Gam’s!

Best of luck!

Lakers Nation.