View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
It’s huge, I helped out at a west coast chapter of my sorority and I had a friend of mine who had a daughter rushing call me and ask if there was racial diversity I responded that yes, the chapter composed of a lot of different diverse girls and she responded “it’s west coast, I want to know if the chapter is all Asian.”
I know we're all saying these things because we're hoping that PNMs are not judging our sisters, panhellenic or otherwise, by their race, but we also have to admit that there are PNMs and actives who hold prejudiced and ignorant beliefs about race, even among our own organizations. Hopefully TriDDDeltgirl's niece learns the error in her notions either through recruitment or through her college experiences, and those PNMs and actives who come across this story and see themselves in TriDDDeltgirl's niece realize the error as well.

Either way, we asked TriDDDeltgirl to post her niece's story. She never promised niece would be a sweet, polite PNM. Out of fairness to her and not comparing her children/niece, the stories for DD3 and DD4 show that you can raise two children at the same time in the same manner and still end up with vastly different individuals, so there's no sense in bringing her parenting into this. All children (hopefully) learn their lessons when they're ready to and no amount of parenting will force a child to learn if they're not ready and willing to have the lesson - I say this as someone still learning new things every day myself. Clearly TriDDDeltgirl isn't teaching prejudice in her home. Let's all just enjoy the story!