View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 05:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I also transferred as a junior and joined Greek life, so here's what my experience was like. My school requires 12 credits from them before you can go through recruitment, so if yours does too, you might have that chance to bring your GPA up a little bit. Even though there may not be a minimum requirement mentioned, most organizations do have a minimum GPA to join and remain active. As far as your concerns about being an upperclassman, it's really going to depend on each chapter you visit. They each have their own agendas about what type of girls they are looking for and how they will impact the chapter. The amount of upperclassmen they already have as well as their allowed quotas will help them decide how many upperclassmen and how many freshmen they will be able to extend bids to. My advice is this: don't worry about your junior status. It's not something you can change. Be yourself, get to know as many girls as you can from each chapter and go from there. Keep an open mind and don't set your heart on one chapter before you even begin. I missed out on my top choice because of my junior status, and I actually ended up in the chapter I least expected to end up in. But looking back, I'm glad it all went the way it did, and I can't imagine myself anywhere else but here. I hope it all works out for you. Have fun with recruitment and GOOD LUCK!