View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Your daughter sounds like she has a great attitude! That will carry her through these next days. And the girls in house do work really hard to make such an impression on all the PNM's - they want the girls to love them and their house as much as the girls want to. It's all about numbers, fit and expectations! Hang in there, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton117 View Post
here we go round two!

I awoke to an early phone call from my D who sounded like she was crying. It took a second to realize she was happy/shocked crying to hear she got back a full slate of 16! She is humbled and was not expecting that at all. she lost two chapters she liked a lot from round one, and got the top 3 from her "bottom 6" list, and there are around 8 chapters she was very interested in from round one on there. really such a blessing that IU has such a vibrant greek life and so any wonderful houses to fall in love with.

So that's a lot to be happy about this morning. She didn't have her heart set on any one or two chapters, is not a legacy and is actively trying to keep her mind open, so hopefully this will help carry her forward with minimal disappointments. From reading other threads, I am aware that the cuts could be harsh after this round, so will work on preparing her for that when the weekend is over. trying to keep her in her happy bubble today.

She reported that though some girls were upset in her hall, she didn't witness any huge dramas or sobbing this morning so I think thats a positive. She had to hurry out anyways which is good--no time to sit and dwell.

For those with PNMs this year, I hope your kiddos are having a good attitude and feeling like they have options today going into round two.For parents of kids who are in the chapters putting on this show and doing the work, your kids are awesome and so energetic! amazed that they can sustain all that pep and friendliness during these long days.