View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

-in addition to having staff from the counceling center available each night, the campus could probably tap into the psychology and social work depts. there were several psych profs at my school who did have private practices and would do very well talking to someone who just had a loss. at large schools, there are probably grad students who would be qualified to help, too.

-if this is a campus where historically there are many pnms who either drop out of recruitment because they were cut by favorite orgs or find themselves bidless due to cross-cutting etc., then perhaps it is up to the school to contract with local social workers and therapists to be on hand each night!

-in my ideal world at schools with competitive recruitment, a councelor would go with every rho whatever to deliever the news to a pnm who had been cut.

-and this news should never ever ever be passed over the telephone.

-and if cob opportunities do exist on your campus, but patty pnm is dropping out mid-week bc her favorites (and chapters who never cob) cut her, don't tell her she can always cob!!! the chapters were are mostly likely to cob are still on her invite list, but she doesn't want them or else she would have continued with recruitment. perhaps in situations such as this, it would be better to say, i know you want to drop bc xyz has cut you, but historically they do not cob. it might be better to continue with recruitment, get to know the other chapters and if by pref you don't find something you feel like you connect with, then don't sign a bid card.

-eta: maybe this is something that should be addressed to all pnms at the beginning of recruitment by a councelor. not to rain on everyone's parade, but have a speaker (non-rho-whatever) who gives a presentation that the week may be difficult for some of the pnms and explain how provided resources will work.

Last edited by pinkyphimu; 08-21-2005 at 01:50 PM.