View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm bumping because something happened to me tonight. I signed up for a somewhat expensive couch-to-5k program, and then got laid off before it started. I'd originally planned to buy some new shoes, etc. but since the layoff, money's been really tight and I've been running in my "fashion sneakers" I bought for rush 5 years ago (flat-soled Pumas). It was okay for a while, but as we've been running more I started developing blisters. I tried to run them into callouses, but it was just agony. Eventually I went to my coaches and told them the problem and admitted that I couldn't afford the $100-some shoes they recommend and asked if what cheaper alternatives were still good shoes. They told me they would look into it.

Today they went ahead and had me fitted for some expensive new shoes "to see what sort of show will work best for you" and then the salesperson told me the shoes were already paid for.

Guys, I want to cry. I really didn't expect that at all and my run was so much better today because of these shoes! Someday I hope to pay this forward, once my life gets back in order.