View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
While what you say is true, what it says to me is there is enough wiggle room in the rules here that she doesn't need to spend any more time worrying about it. We know what Delta's site says (thanks for that), and knowing there are no unanimous agreements among NPHC sororities (and fraternities, although they don't count in this case) on this subject, and knowing it is specifically not addressed in the NPC unanimous agreements, it gets too "looking for skeletons" for my comfort. Except in 1 case, it appears she is not breaking a rule from either NPC or NPHC. For the OP to spend more time researching to find out if the woman actually did break a rule seems counter-productive and unnecessarily busy-body'ish.

Prior to having this knowledge, I still would have said stay out of it, but would appreciate her discomfort with the situation. Now I say it was a good question to ask this forum because you were able to get good information. You have it - unless she's a Delta she hasn't broken a rule, so move on. And if she still finds it that distasteful, she should present this scenario to NPC and suggest the rules be rewritten for the future.
Re-read the part of my post with the asteriks. Something not being on 3 NPHC sororities' websites does not mean that there are no regulations. For instance, more often than not, an AKA initiated in the past 1-20 years would be damned if she tried to apply to become an SGRho. However, that specification is on neither's website for whatever reasons.

This issue is not about the NPC sorority's regulations. This issue is only about the NPHC sorority's regulations.