View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I may overplay my hand with this lane swerve, but it'd seem a lot more appropriate for the OP to make her report to the NPHC organization allow them to conduct their own internal investigation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I really doubt they'd want some non-member poking around in their affairs.

I can tell you that if someone asked me whether someone was a member in good standing, I'd be happy to share that information. If, however, they wanted to know the circumstances of my joining and what, if any inquiries were made to HQ re dual membership, I'd tell them to tell me what they know and not expect to get any information or even a call back from me unless I needed more information, but that I would be handling things from there. I doubt that OP would fare any differently by making direct inquiries. Now, I can say that I would definitely not contact this person nor would I reveal any information given to me in confidence, but not everyone can be trusted to do that and there's a chance things will get out of hand and there's a chance of retaliation.

That's fine and I'm sure those requests are above-board if you're checking recs and such. This case is asking for quite a bit more information than whether this person is a member in good standing.
This. If someone called me asking pointed questions about a sister and our rules, I'd ask, "And who are you? And how is this your business?"

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!