View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabella View Post
Also, anyone who refers to frattinghard.com is either a troll or has an invalid opinion (see: "trying too hard"). FACT.
I agree. Referring to FH is low-tier stuff.

The less publicized of the websites is better. That is, OR.

Here's my advice to the OP from a recent UofA alumn. Sigma Pi needs to focus far more on brotherhood and the things which a small chapter can provide during rush, rather than "frattiness". The guys who are "fratty" are not going to go Sigma Pi because its new...they will be going to the more established houses (yes I know y'all came on early on in the 20th century but still). Your rush chair last year was trying way too hard during formal rush. I know he's gone now.

I know I may be sort of "unfairly attacking" because you yourself hasn't expressly stated that you're putting frattiness over quantity...but I have seen it happen within your chapter.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by Elephant Walk; 08-02-2009 at 12:44 PM.