View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=kallyssasmommy]I have done a lot of research on this and the rules would be the same as any other sorority only difference is no one would be discriminated against. In my research I have only found two other sororities that were started for moms ever. I tried contacting both of them and one never responded and one has dissolved. [/QUOTE=kallyssasmommy]

Consider some reasons why the one sorority dissolved.
Can you imagine being in a room with 10+women and 10+ babies/children and trying to get something accomplished? I can't imagine writing a Constitution with that sort of chaos.

Kids won't be allowed at meetings? Ok then imagine all the "sorry I can't be there... Kid's sick, can't find sitter, we have Kindermusik class then, it's school play night, ETC.

Being a member is time-consuming and financially stressful, let alone being a charter member.
I am an alum and am only required to be at meetings ~3hrs/month but when we schedule our meetings I still have to look at my nephew's schedule first. I can't imagine having to juggle a 3 year old's schedule with socials, recruitment, and weekly meetings.

Θ Φ Α