View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightisgreat View Post
My husband and I were having lunch today in Austin. We were seated by a group of girls from ABC (wearing their letters loud and proud) who were on what I am guessing was a break from work week. To say they were chatty was mild, but I was surprised how they were slamming their own leadership. The were going on and on about fines, and how "dumb" and "stupid" they were...etc. About how they didn't like the skit, the girls that showed up intoxicated today (and how they were angry those girls did not get in trouble...grain of salt here....no one knows what happens behind closed doors...., etc) They continued on about other house's fine structure (which I assume is just rumor...I certainly took it as such)

I guess I am just really surprised at the outwardness of the conversations in a public place, during UT move-in week. Certainly they are smart enough to know they could be surrounded by PNMs, Parents, Alums and other chapter actives. In my eyes, it made a group that my daughter has mentioned favorably, not look so great.

I know for me, had those girls represented my sorority, I would have spoken up. Certainly chapters stress that all eyes (and ears) are on them....two days before recruitment begins?????
What's even worse is when a pnm's heli-mom takes to the intarwebz to further the gossip and cast shade on all the sororities at the University of Texas.