View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucgreek View Post
Eh, well those are issues your own group (and other fraternities) has to face. If you approach it like that, of course you will not be getting more PNMs. If IFC knows this and refuses to make it sooner, I don't know why they won't listen to reason. How early can you give bids out? If you get your guys active & meeting freshman the first week of school and move-in week, vote on PNMs and issue bids then.

IFC recruitment is supposed to HELP groups, not hinder them. Get your IFC to move towards an informal fall recruitment ASAP. Once my school ditched the formal process with presentations and "rounds," groups ended up getting more members.
what, approximately, did fraternity rush look like at your school? Technically we could extend a non-binding bid for membership whenever we wanted. We just can't hand out binding ones until bid day. I think the IFC president and the advisor want it moved up (they haven't said much about structure yet). Some of the fraternities are against any sort of change though.