Ferry
Puget Sound
Music Scene
Black Eyeliner
Art Studios
Coffee
Cherry Blossoms
Native American Art

Niece was furious. She’d taken hard cuts and didn’t know why. She had some of the houses back that she thought she liked but she wouldn’t tell us why she had gotten dropped by so many houses. She told DD4 though and DD4 told us. Niece had gone into Nirvana and told the ladies there that she didn’t like their sorority and that she didn’t plan on joining, when they attempted to talk with her, she continued to say rude things. She also did this at Birkenstocks.

I wasn’t too mad, her actions didn’t reflect on anyone but herself, she’d been dropped from Birkenstocks and Nirvana, true colors had been shown and they hadn’t been appreciated. Grandma was furious. I’d never seen her so angry before, she paced back and forth, ranting in a heavy Texan accent, after around an hour of this I finally had to say “Listen, honey, I can’t understand you.” and move the subject on.

Seattle:
She thought that the girls were evasive when she asked questions, she also thought that the girls were attractive and, apparently, they didn’t seem very interested in further explaining their philanthropy.

Ferry:
According to PNM gossip, Ferry hazes, Grandma and I tried to tell Niece that there’s a 0% chance that Ferry actually hazes but she wouldn’t listen to us at all. She still liked them though but didn’t like their philanthropy.

Puget Sound:
Apparently this house is unpopular at Bama but they’re very popular at Washington so Niece was split on whether she liked them or not, she liked their physical beauty but was t too interested in the fact that they’re considered a “new row” house at Alabama.

Music Scene:
She was a big fan of Music Scene this time around. She connected with the girls first and then their philanthropy. She also liked that their house had some sort of a farmhouse chic vibe and there was some nice stained glass that she really enjoyed seeing.

Black Eyeliner:
She gave them some thought. Did she like them? No. Did she see herself fitting in? No. Did she give them a fair chance and look at the sisters and withhold her judgement until she’d left the house? Kind of. And honestly, that’s what counts.

Art Studios:
She liked them because they’re very popular at Bama and they’re more of a low key house at Washington. She thought that they had a lot of appeal to a certain group of girls and the girls who rushed her seemed very laidback as opposed to some of the other sororities she’d seen on the row.

Coffee:
Her negative opinion of coffee had barely changed, she didn’t like their letters but she did think that the girls were kind and made sure that all of her questions were answered. She did reflect on them at a later point in the day and admit that the girls were really very nice. They’re a highly ranked house at Bama as per the other Greek site and apparently they’re very Christian, Niece did see the aspect of religion at the UW chapter and she did enjoy it immensely.

Cherry Blossoms:
She loved them, thought they were slightly morbid but she still loved them. She mentioned that she liked them at Bama as well and that the chapter at UW was really nice but she’d have to see how she felt about them at the end of the day.

Native American Art:
The letters still didn’t fall into a perfectly straight line and the girls still seemed lower tier but you know what? She liked them and she made it work for herself, she wouldn’t admit to having a good time but she said she had a decent time and that everyone was nice.

My Sister-in-Law is a very holistic woman, she doesn’t believe in vaccinations and many forms of modern day medicine. Niece wasn’t vaccinated as a result. Niece called me early in the morning crying really hard and trying to tell me that her feet and legs were cramping, she couldn’t move anything below her waist, and that she was in extreme pain and felt very feverish, I didn’t stop to think, I just sat straight up in bed and blurted into the phone “Oh my dear God, you have polio!” and started to figure out what to do. Grandma took the phone at this point and established that all Niece needed was some of that “Shaquille O’Neill gel” and we went on an expedition to find this mystical gel, The stores open didn’t carry any of the Icy Hot gel and so we ended up heating Vick’s vaporub and rubbing it into her legs and feet, the pain was due to wearing a 4-in heel every day for 9 days in preparation for rush, not polio. Grandma gave me a lecture about inciting panic and polio.

Round 3

The houses:
Ferry
Puget Sound
Coffee
Art Studios
Music Scene

Ferry:
She liked them again as always, she didn’t really feel for their philanthropy and she didn’t like their house but she clicked with the girls and had a nice time again. She mention many times how the physical house didn’t have that pizazz to it, it wasn’t fancy enough.

Puget Sound:
She liked the girls, hated the house because some of the siding on it was “tacky” and the doors weren’t cute and didn’t have that classic sorority home sparkle. She didn’t really like anything about the sorority except for the fact that the girls were pretty and nice.

Coffee:
She liked more things about coffee this time around, she thought that she really clicked with them and when she got home to her dorm and looked up Coffee online, to her surprise the letters DID line up, their colors were super cute, the girls were pretty at this chapter and nationwide, they support a cool philanthropy, and wow! Look at how cute their crest and badge are!

Art Studios:
She liked them but thought that their house was trying to hard to be a “rustic brick home” with “heavy wooden doors, wrought iron, and a serious atmosphere with stained glass and other elements”, the girls, however, were nice and she liked the chapter here and at Bama.

Music Scene:
She thought that they were just keeping her around because she was a legacy and through every conversation that she had, that feeling persisted. She decided that even though she wasn’t comfortable, she’d take the house for the name.

At this point, I received a call from DD4, I hadn’t heard from her in days when I’m used to hearing from her every 20 minutes, I answered the phone with glee only to hear complete quiet. “Mommy, I need to tell you something.” DD4 said “I’m pregnant, I’m having a baby.”, I think at this point, I collapsed into my chair and my soul just left me and began its ascent, I just sat there for a moment. “A baby, baby? Like you were when I had you? A baby?” I asked, I didn’t know what to do, battle my baby fever or just open my mouth and screech. “Yes, a baby baby. I’ve also decided to marry the father, he’s a fifth year senior in Theta Chi.” She responded. “Child, if you marry that man then you’ve got another thing coming, I swear on the good Lord’s name that I will fly on down to Alabama like a bat out of heck and I’ll show him just who he’s dealing with.” I responded just as quickly, “Mommy,” DD4 replied “I’m not actually pregnant and this was just something that I had to do for psychology class! Thanks for helping me! It was an opening lines of communication with parents project!” and hung up, leaving me to recuperate and finish going through my stages of grief.

Another tiny note: for those that would accuse racism on my niece’s part, her father is white, her mother is not. Unless you magically know exactly which race her mother is, refrain from making accusations thank you so much!

Last edited by TriDDDeltgirl; 09-26-2018 at 10:44 AM.