Thread: Mom thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally got to talk to my daughter for longer than a few minutes this morning. She's having a great time. She and her roommate are meeting people and having a blast.

The first round appears to have gone well. I don't know how sororities figure out who is going to talk to which PNM, but whatever the system, I'm impressed. She not only talked to two girls at houses who were also involved in the same Robotics competition that she was, but at the fourth house she visited, she was paired with one of her dance camp friends that she hasn’t seen since seventh grade. At first, she thought it was a weird coincidence, but the girl knew exactly who she was, where she was living now, and my daughter realized it probably wasn’t a coincidence at all. That was pretty exciting for her to see a friendly face.

Anyway, she got 11 houses back for the next round and she was super happy with it. That fourth house was still on it, and she's excited to go back to all the houses that invited her. Since she's allowing me to post here, she has gotten over her paranoia since it's pretty obvious where she is.