View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgirl222 View Post
Hello. I am an aspiring member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and I have a few questions about the process. I am a very, VERY dedicated aspirant and probably want this more than any of you could imagine, however I am missing a few things that I'm sure will effect my eligibility.

1st - reccomendations. the chapter at my school is VERY selective and these are essential. I actually can say that I don't know any aka's=/ I try to reach out to girls at schools from my neighborhood but it's all been in vain. If anyone has advice for that plese help.

2nd - community service. I have done community service in high school with a specific org. but it was 20 hours and it was very random. I understand that the organization looks for way more. I am also very interested in trying to see if there is any commnunity service that I could do with the actual sorority.

3rd (lastly) - interest letter. I am a very articulate woman and believe that if speaking, I can portray my admiration and perceived belongingness (is that a word? lol) to any member. However, when I begin to write my interest letter I freeze. there is so much that I want to say I dont know how to begin or organize or what's taboo or what's sucking up...help please!
QFP

Where do you go to school?