View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 03:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
I was intimidated by certain chapters as well, believe me. But I really don't think that, had you been invited to pref only by chapters that were "too cool", you would have dropped out of recruitment. I know I would not have.

ETA: I didn't mean that to sound snippy, or be directed at MW personally, I just meant that rush impressions are only rush impressions.
Oh, I get it (and you definitely don't sound snippy)! But I would have probably been uncomfortable at some point--either pref, bid night or in the weeks (or months, even) after. Rush impressions are tough, but there were some chapters where I felt like I was speaking a foreign language when I mentioned how much I love Doctor Who or Hot In Cleveland or [insert off-the-wall interest]. On the flip side, these girls talked about the Weekender (big trip upstate that happens once every other year) or football games or things that just made me feel out of place. I guess "too cool" is probably the wrong phrase, but just...not on the same wavelength? Our sensibilities just didn't click.

Of course, if I'd been invited back to those chapters, there's always a chance I would have found someone who clicked with me at some point, but the chapters made the decision on this one.

[And, as an aside, I wouldn't have dropped out of rush. I wanted to make things work however possible.]

MelindaWarren aka Bellatrix Lestrange
Wanna follow me on Pinterest? PM me!
"It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."-Albus Dumbledore