View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank goodness they finally added a day to round 2! When my daughter went through in 2012 they could go back to 12 houses for round 2 but it was all in one day. For those girls who went back to all 12, or even 8 or 10, doing all that in one day was not a good experience. And if my daughter's experience was any indicator, it negatively affected the feeling a PNM had towards those groups they went back to at the end of the day when total exhaustion had set in.

As far as cutting prefs to two, I think this is a good idea. Either that or allow the PNMs to actually "cut" one group before prefs if they get invited back to three. I know many girls who were happy with two of their selections but really did not want to go back to the third. This seems unfair both for the girls and the sorority who could invite someone else who would love to be there. I know we have the cases where some PNMs fall in love with a chapter at pref that they didn't think they were going to but if a PNM already has two choices that they really like then that seems less likely of a scenario.

As for the bid day on the first day of classes, it is awful. I think the thought was it would cut down on the partying but in reality it just leads to a crappy start for the school year with lots of girls behind in classes and sick on top of it! With such a huge in state population, it would be so easy for them to complete rush before school starts.