View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 07:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Stealing

As far as I am concerned, given the degree of openness that Delta Upsilon of the Philippines has now shown, there are *exactly* two groups that can decide that Delta Upsilon is stealing, the Delta Upsilon (North-America) National Board and then once they have made their decision, the Delta Upsilon (North-America) National Convention. (For various reasons that I have stated, I believe that if the National Board decides to accept DU-Phil, that changes to the Delta Upsilon bylaws and minor changes to the *ritual* will have to be made.)

At this point, I feel that it is *no longer appropriate* for those who are not brothers of Delta Upsilon to accuse Delta Upsilon of the Philippoines of stealing, and for brothers of Delta Upsilon, they should, IMO, accept that at this point it is now being handled in the most appropriate manner, and arguments that it is not should be taken up with your national officers.

As for Greekwatch's comment, yes the setup of Delta Upsilon of North America tends to encourage chapters to have houses. However, I would expect that this will either lead to different rules for the Philippines of a separate national organization. However, this comment was very poorly phrased.

Randy
Sincerel