View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktduke View Post
No, some have rules that you cannot be in both. You need to ask the specific organization. My daughter wanted to be in both and was told by Sigma Alpha (professional) that if she attended Formal Rush and accepted a bid she could not join them. Strange thing about them was they did not participate in Panhellenic rush they had a recruitment week the following week. My daughter choose the social route but her roommate choose the Professional thinking it would help her later on. She went though Rush but turned down her bid to my daughter house. The next week she went to Sigma Alpha events. She was told she had to attend 2 events of 4 and because of classes she missed one event. She then didn't receive a bid and was devastated! She had given up a top tier house to be turned down by a group of 25 girls. No idea who as she had a high GPA and in Honors, very involved professionally and had recieved numerous leadership and professional scholarships. The only had 3 girls they didn't give bids to. So be aware you can think something is a sure thing and it not turn out.
So very, very little in life is "a sure thing".