View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Day 1

I was incredibly nervous prior to recruitment. I had gotten many rec letters, been on multiple rush dates and went to almost all of the rush events. I felt as prepared as I ever would be.

Cabo- My first house was Cabo. I knew going into recruitment that I would never be a Cabo, they were simply too well-connected for a girl like me. Nevertheless, I had a lovely time there and even spoke to a friend of mine, but knew this would likely be my last time in Cabo.

Destin- Next up was Destin. Again, I knew I wouldn't be a Destin and felt like this would be my last time there. The girls are very pretty and well-connected, but I did not enjoy myself there. The conversation just seemed to drag on in Destin. I hoped I would not be asked back to Destin.

Cancun- Another "top-tier" (whatever that means), I had a feeling I would not be a Cancun either. Nevertheless, I LOVED Cancun. The sweet girls I talked to made time fly. I was not hoping for an invited back, but enjoyed myself nevertheless.

Bahamas- Going into recruitment, I thought there might be a chance for me to be in Bahamas. However, I wasn't too sure. I hoped recruitment would work its magic for me. I talked to a good friend of mine, but it seemed like every other girl I talked to just didn't clicked. I was hopeful to go back to the Bahamas, but wouldn't be upset if I didn't get asked back.

Miami- I had been rushed by Miami all the former semester. I was very much looking forward to relaxing a bit when I got to this house- as all my friends are Miamis! However, the conversation was lacking. I got a bad taste in my mouth, but was hoping for an invite back to clear things up.

LA- Next up was LA. It was nothing special, the conversation was okay, but I was not hoping for an invitation back to LA.

Charleston- Charleston was my "goal" since I entered college. I really, really wanted to be a Charleston. However, I was dropped by them after Day 2 last year, so I knew I really didn't stand a chance. Many of the girls I am in other organizations with are Charlestons, but I didn't know them too much personally. I enjoyed myself here and crossed my fingers for an invitation back.

Hawaii- Last was Hawaii. I really didn't want to be in Hawaii. The conversation was HORRIBLE- they asked me about last year's rush and why I dropped out. When the doors closed, I told myself I would not be back.

I was very nervous ranking the houses but I decided to rank them in this order

Miami
Charleston
Cancun
Bahamas
Cabo
Destin
LA
Hawaii