View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Round 2?

I have to say, the super high stress, severe cuts and no one getting back full rounds doesn't really sound like OSU recruitment. It is competitive, but not SEC-esque. And not Norman-esque, either.
It's my understanding via my daughter that many chapters cut heavily for grades this year. Apparently, the Rho Gammas for my daughter's group felt obligated to tell the girls that cuts could potentially be heavy and that most girls would not have a full schedule for round 2. While it may not be SEC level, this rush seemed somewhat competitive to some of the girls going through it. Libby and her friends worried about cuts after the Rho Gamma meeting after the open house rounds. Libby had the grades, but was still worried about getting her favorite chapters back. According to her (remember that this story is being told through the eyes of an 18 year old college freshman), the girls in her group were upset and stressed after their meeting.

But as a sneak preview, Libby got her top 10 back for second round, and was ecstatic. Because the PNM's phones were exchanged for their schedules, I was on pins and needles all day and learned that no news is good news! 😊