View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
As I said, if this gets around (and apparently this woman has diarrhea of the mouth to the point that it will) it will damage the chapters as people will be thinking it's OK to quit one, join another, the same way as you get a new apartment in the fall. That is exactly the sort of thing a student body president should be concerned about as it can do great harm to the Greek system.

I also really wonder how many people who are saying to let it go would be saying the same thing if she had joined 2 different NPCs.
The way things were described, this will get around on its own and someone will probably turn it in. If this woman was as open about her dual affiliation during the interview process as was described, she'll be open about it later.

You're suggesting that if this dual membership issue is made public as if that will lead to some sort of chaos on its own. I doubt that the individual groups on this campus would actually accept such a situation.

As to whether this would be the same if it was between two different NPCs, I think we'd have a brightline rule that it's a no-no. Going back to that '02 thread, no one, including you, seemed to have a clue as to any specific prohibition. While one NPHC group might have that specific prohibition, it's entirely possible that neither the NPC nor the affected NPHC have such a thing, but might instead have some sort of rule like the one I posted from Sigma Nu which could really be argued both ways.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma