View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 03:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megmc View Post
Dear IUHoosierGirl88:

I applaud you for joining Alpha Delta Pi at Indiana University. I joined the house back in '89 when it was housed in the dorms. Was it my first choice? Not by a long shot (because they didn't have a HOUSE back in the day!). However, as I went through rush (and admittedly got cut by house after house, ha, at that time the only houses that I knew I WOULD never join were AOPi [at the time, anyway, I've heard they have started a new chapter and have a different rep now] and Sigma Kappa so I got to cut them, the rest I was cut from eventually down the line) I noticed that I thoroughly enjoyed my rush experience with ADPi. Fun fun girls. So I decided to join. Yes, we were housed in a dorm. Yes, we had biases against us. But yes we had such a blast with super-cool chicks and awesome fun frat pairs, and I haven't regretted it for a moment ever. To hear that now that we finally got a house and it's in peril, whereas other houses that were on par with us back in the day (Alpha Xi Delta and Alpha Omicron Pi) are thriving apparently is so upsetting to me (not that it's upsetting that those other chapters are thriving, good on them, but I just wonder why it's only ADPi that's bringing up the rear). We have all worked too hard to get a house in the first place to have this house go to naught, and I'm so glad that people like you are standing up for ADPi at IU. Way to go and keep it up!!! :-)
QFP