View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyGreek View Post
One of the issues is that they don't fully disclose costs during recruitment. PNMs are prohibited from talking to members outside of rush, and they're not getting the information during the parties either.

I felt a connection to my sorority when I pledged. While I wasn't best friends with all of my sisters (and downright despised one of them), I was close with many, many of them. These are women that I still see and consider my friends. My daughter doesn't see those same bonds of sisterhood among even the upperclassmen. One of the sisters told her she loves hanging out at the house because she's always meeting new sisters she hasn't met before, which she didn't think sounded like such a good thing. How can you consider it a sisterhood when you haven't even met everyone?!

Maybe the issue is mega chapters that are bigger than a lot of high school graduating classes. I found "my people" in my graduating class, but despite sharing a lot of common experiences, I feel absolutely no connection to all the other graduates of my high school the same year. It starts to feel like random groups of people put together.
The information on costs is available BEFORE recruitment. No need to wait & wonder during recruitment.

Of course she doesn't feel a sisterhood yet. Of course, she hasn't officially met everyone yet. IT HAS BEEN ONE WEEK, for God's sake. She knows next to nothing about those girls. She has no idea what their relationships are. If she is not willing to give it some time and put in some effort, then perhaps sorority membership is not the right place for her.