Thread: Mom thread
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I now officially hate this

Big cuts again today, including her top two houses (one of which was her legacy house, where she 100% saw herself). She has two more that she likes ok, but the remaining four she has to go to she REALLY does not see herself in. She has yet to connect with anyone in any of them, and has a very hard time keeping a conversation going---the girls rushing her give her one word answers and won't keep eye contact! It is agonizing for her to get through these parties and if she ended up invited to Pref at any of them, I honestly don't know if she'll go through with it. She's now doing the "what am I doing wrong/what is wrong with me/why don't they want me" thing and even though she knows there's SO much going into all the decisions, she's beating herself up. She wants to be Greek SOOO much. When I went through, 30 years ago, I had no cuts, not one. I go to call all of the shots. And I was certainly no more "desirable" than she is. It's just a completely different ball game today with so many girls going through. We were prepared, but apparently not prepared enough. Prefs are not until Sat and Bid Day is Sunday, which is just unfair torture, IMO!!! Sorry, ladies. Just needed to vent. :-(