Thread: Mom thread
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

My turn for the wine!!!

OMG ladies. I knew it would be brutal, but still wasn't truly prepared! D is rushing at South Carolina and got her second round schedule today. Got 9 out of a possible 10 houses, which is great, but wow--so many early cuts from her top houses. Also, she completely fell in love/became very attached to a house yesterday and was super emotional--it really caught her off guard as she was not expecting that at all--and knows that it's NOT what you want to do! She did get invited back to that house, which she's thrilled about, but knows it's early in the game. And of course she has to go back to a small handful of houses that she could not see herself in at all. She's read enough recruitment stories to "trust the process" and keep going, but ugh! I just didn't expect it to be this rough. She had multiple recs for some of these houses that cut her. Bummer. I didn't sleep a wink and Bid Day is not until a week from TOMORROW. She's taking lots of notes and wants to post her story down the road. I'll keep you all updated! She said a lot of her friends got cut from their top three so she feels very fortunate.