View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 5 - BID DAY!

Going into bid day, all of my nerves had faded away. I felt like I had grown so much through this process and I was so excited to finally run home, a moment I had been waiting for for years. I knew in my heart where I belonged.

After preference rounds, I made my decision based entirely on feeling. With one house, I repeatedly had amazing conversations with the girls I was paired with. The energy, decorations, and passion in this house were all amazing. But it was missing one very important thing: I couldn’t picture myself as one of them. I couldn’t imagine chanting during bid day, having homework study sessions in the library, having movie nights with no makeup on and hair in a messy bun, or wearing those letters as an alumna.

With the other house, I felt like I was home. I didn’t have to try to be a certain person or try to fit into a certain ideal, and they wanted me, unapologetically, at my best and at my worst. I wanted to be able to make mistakes and have the encouragement to grow from those mistakes, while still being motivated to chase after my passions.

And I knew I had found that with my first choice.

I excitedly arrived on time and listened to all of the recruitment counselors joining in with all of the different sororities’ chants. I recognized the chant of the house I wanted and my heart felt so full in that moment. All of the PNMs were handed their bid envelopes. I opened mine and saw……

my first choice…………

TOY STORY!!!

so now, I am so happy to say that I am a new member of………..

ALPHA CHI OMEGA!!!!!

I couldn’t be happier to call AXO my home. I’m so excited for what the rest of my college career brings, and what AXO will bring me for my whole lifetime.

Thanks to everyone who read this far and who commented, I love how people were invested in my story! Everyone in this community is responsible for helping me look forward to this time of my life and for helping me have the confidence to finally find my home, and I am forever thankful <3