View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
Now, there was a one day break during rush week and Scorpion invited DD3 to dinner and invited her to their home for a “private gathering” with only DD3 and some sisters. This wasn’t some secretive event, DD3 was messaged by numerous sisters. At this point, I wanted to have all the righteous anger of a mother but I also realized that I had to respect DD3’s decisions. She had attempted to report Scorpion to her PX but she’d been shot down and since she was the only girl that anyone knew of being targeted like this, she didn’t want to involve the panhellenic board and ruin her chances of getting a bid. I decided to let DD3’s integrity take charge and see what she would decide to do at the end of recruitment.

DD3 was also told that if she ordered her Scorpion new member pin from Herff-Jones NOW, it would arrive in 3 business days. I was mad before but this almost made me spit fire. I can take DD3 handling her own problems but I can’t take blatant lies about the quality of Herff-Jones service. Moses wandered in the desert for 40 years and STILL reached his destination before my pin that I ordered in December will reach me. If the ladies of Scorpion truly think that Herff-Jones will magically improve their customer service in a matter of days, they’ve got another storm coming.

Before she got her pref schedule back, she told me that if she had Turquoise and Scorpion, she planned on taking a bid from one of the chapters participating in COB or waiting until sophomore year to rush again. She was really distraught and she told me that the Scorpions were making her extremely uncomfortable and that she refused to go to anymore parties if they were on her list.
This is unbelievable. I've heard of various dirty rushing techniques, but the things I've heard sound downright amateur in comparison. I'm so sorry your daughter had to go through this, but she sounds very wise with how she handled things and her decision to COB or re-rush if needed. Lots of integrity in that.

I hope someone reported this chapter to Panhellenic. No PNM should have to experience that.