View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
"Today Show" this morning had Tim Piazza's parents and his brother with their most in-depth interview yet--it was heart-wrenching; they said they had not watched the in-house video and could not. His father had nothing good to say about Penn State officials or any of the Beta brothers or pledges. They recounted their last minutes with Tim as he lay dying in the hospital.
They said that no brothers nor Penn State officials came to the wake or funeral. The interview was just damning and heart-breaking in EVERY sense.

We ALL (advisors of both men's and women's groups) should consider showing these films and interviews to our entire chapters next fall. I believe they hit EVERYBODY, regardless of age. I've already spoken to our new chapter officers about it being part of one of next-fall's early meetings.
My wife and saw the same segment on the Today show this morning. As a former FSL professional and my wife a current senior-level college administrator, we were shocked when the father stated that no one from Penn State attended the wake or the funeral. At least someone from the DOS office should have attended. The segment was heart-breaking to watch. To lose a child is devastating enough, but to lose a child when it could have been prevented by making a simple call to 911 when it first happened just makes it just so much worse. My heart goes out to the Piazza family.