View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a legacy and wants to follow in my mother’s footsteps but I’m not sure anymore.

Hello, I am an undergraduate student who has always been pushed to pledge like my mom did. Obviously I was always open to the idea, but when I made my college decision I ended up going to a school that forbids Greek life. My mother informed me that I still had a chance to go during my graduate years if I wanted to. The only reason I am hesitant is because when I look at my mom that is my visualization of her sorority. It is nothing negative, I admire my mother extremely. But I accepted that I am not my mother, and honestly we are completely different from each other. My mother is very girly and extremely confident, and I always been the sporty and more introverted person in our family. I know it’s not accurate to assume that one organization has the same personalities, but I can’t beat the feeling that I won’t fit in or live up to their standards. This has been something that stopped me everytime I think about the idea of pledging. Call me out if I am overthinking this whole situation (I tend to do that a lot), and also see if you can clear up my misconceived thoughts about sororities in general. Thank you!