View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Spotted a car with a Phi Sigma Phi decal on it. Apparently they were an off-shoot from Phi Sigma Epsilon when they merged with Phi Sigma Kappa.

There is also a gentleman at my workplace who is an Alpha Phi Alpha, judging from the decal on a car I see in the employee parking lot.

One of my former patient's daughters is a Zeta Tau Alpha at a small Christian college. I managed to embarrass myself when I spotted her letter shirt, but not what letters they were, when I was in the room, and in my incredibly sleep deprived state (over 36hrs without sleep), I mentioned to her that I saw she was wearing letters and asked "what are you?" I'd meant to ask what house she was in. Oh well. She was very sweet and we BS'd for a while.

I work on a post open-heart floor, and one of my patients was drinking from an AXiD Lilly tumbler. I asked her about it and she is an Alpha Xi Delta from a large state school, class of 1963! She was very involved with that chapter and with the Alumnae Panhellenic until her grandchildren were born, and she's since focused on her family and getting well after surgery. She even had a card on her desk sent by some of her pledge sisters!

I meet a lot of Greeks among my patients in nursing.