View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gragon View Post

2. What are some clothes I should wear, especially in the evening when it is colder? Would a leather jacket and jeans work? What about an Apple Watch?
This is a pure judgment call on your part. I've given similar advice on other posts - usually to parents asking how they can help their son in rush. My usual advice is to suggest that they take their son to a nice men's store in the city where the college is located and ask the sales clerk to show them the type of clothes that kids at the college are wearing.

The description of the event should give you some idea of what to wear. Or go look at some recent photos up on the fraternity's website/twitter/instagram/fb/etc. page and see what they like to wear. I'm no fashion expert but I will caution you that, in some parts of the country, wearing a leather jacket can be rather risky. [I once got on a government airplane, and every man (except me) on board was wearing a leather jacket. The sight made an impression (though a negative one) on the women with whom I was travelling.]