View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

My wedding had a couple of minor hiccups.

--We had four carloads of people leave my house to go to wedding. No one remembered to bring my aunt (who is developmentally delayed) to the ceremony. Everyone assumed that my aunt was with my mom. It wasn't until we got to the church (a good 20 minutes away) that we realized my aunt was back at the house. My mom had to turn around and go get her. This turned out to be a good thing because....

--One of my flowergirl's family got lost and wound up being 20 minutes late. I learned later that she had a major melt down in the car, screaming that she got all dressed up for nothing, and threatening her father with all kinds of mayhem if she missed out on the wedding.

--Our photographer never showed, despite signed contract and cashed deposit. Luckily, I have 4 brothers and they all love photography, so I used them instead. After threats from the law firm I work for, the no-show photo guy return my deposit, with interest.

--One of my bridesmaids dropped out 2 - count 'em 2 - weeks before the wedding. I just had my most friendly bridesmaid walk down with 2 groomsmen. She was happy, they were happy, and I wound up with a nice pearl necklace and matching earrings.

Other than that, it was a beautiful day. The flowers were beautiful, the dj exceptional, food was great, and everyone got along very well, Could not have asked for a more perfect experience.