View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Lol, be my guest!

I love the fact that people say "I didn't have a rec" when they have absolutely no idea whether an alum signed a rec on them or not. Just because it's not from your personal direct knowledge, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And as for the thread hijacking, there is nothing for the OP to report yet. We will all be glad to hear from her when recruitment starts. And this discussion began because we ALL wish her well. We all want her to have a successful rush. We just (some of us) wish she would dot all her i's, rather than just some of them.
If I had a rec, it is total news to me. I know AXiD doesn't require them nationally and the other sorority I rushed also offered me a bid. Like I said, I had no Greek connections so unless an active who liked me wrote the required document, I didn't have one. Can actives write recs? That policy seems like it would harm smaller Greek systems if a GLO can only take rec girls. As I said, I was totally clueless about sororities and wouldn't have even known how to get a rec even if I'd known about them.