View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
Have you looked into EVERY OTHER option besides private loans? PLUS, GradPLUS? I only ask because my school pretty much advocates robbing a bank before taking out private loans.

I have never heard of that site either. If you decide to go this route, do THOROUGH research (which it looks like you are!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Have you tried one of the major banks? I know people talk badly about private loans, but I took two out from Citibank for grad school, and I honestly never had a problem with it. The interest rate is 4.35%, compared to 3.75% for my federal loans, and since I had two, they combinedthe payments. The ones I took out have pretty much the same deferment/forebearance options as the public loans, but for shorter amounts of time. Granted, I took out loans at the best time to do it, so it might be harder now, with less forgiving repayment options.

You CAN consolidate private loans. Again, it depends on the bank.

Aren't PLUS loans for parents? I don't know, I would not have burdened my parents (who had already paid for an extremely expensive undergrad) with MY student loans, especially when they were so close to retirement.
I have considered other options but this is a last resort. I'm an undergrad also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Have you considered selling a kidney?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I'm starting to seriously consider selling ova.
Me too.

I spoke to my C.U. and they suggested I contact any of the local CU's that are listed ( which I had planned on doing) just to make sure the CU connection is legit.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 08-27-2010 at 08:07 AM.