View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostGreek View Post
Hey Everyone. This is my first thread on GC.com.
So I need advise on rushing/pledging for Spring 2016. I will not name my school or the fraternities I am interested in. I am a freshman.

Fraternity 1.
The brothers love me, I chilled with them all semester, went to rush events back in September and got to know them. They showed interest in me as well. They're known for being the party fraternity at my school. I was going to pledge Fall 2015 but due to a kind of academic probation they were not allowed to take in any freshmen this fall. They pretty much lied about this and said that they wanted us(interested freshmen) to solidify our grades and routine during our first semester. One brother(maybe the rush chair?) spoke to me recently about joining. The idea of them having low grades concerns me. They aren't the classiest guys in the world but offer a nice balance of work and play.

Fraternity 2.
I only know a few of the brothers. I didn't know anything about them in the beginning of the semester so I didn't go to their rush events(slight regret there). Got close to the brothers I knew and showed interest but couldn't find opportunities to get associated with everyone. I think they know I got tight with Fraternity 1. One newly crossed brother has kind of put in a bad word for me(he doesn't like me and I spoke to him ONCE in my life so I can't explain why). Another one put in a really good word for me. These guys are way classier in presentation, require a high GPA, still party but not as hard as Fraternity 1.

Dilemma: I'm going to rush both fraternities in spring 2016, and I think I'm guaranteed a bid from Fraternity 1. I'm not sure if the one brother from Fraternity 2 that doesn't like me is going to hurt my chances of getting bid. Also I feel like if I pledge Fraternity 2 and drop(I don't think I will but who knows when one brother has it out for me) then Fraternity 1 might not give me a chance to join in Fall 2016. This is stressful. Thoughts? Thanks.
I think my BOLDS should help you with your dilemma.