View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
As another outsider, my sense is that it is almost always unintentional, but reminders of how things can come across are never a bad thing.
Agreed. With one or two exceptions, I have never thought it was intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
I could care less if a woman shops around as an AI. It's up to the individual groups to determine if she is a good fit or not. But it's dumb when someone is an AI and then starts posting on GC like she knows everything, having not had the collegiate experience.
I agree that GC members in general should refrain from giving advice about things they have no knowledge of. That's dangerous, regardless of the person's background. But AIs can and do have experience that makes the equipped to discuss certain topics on GC. Some AIs were once new members, but had to drop for some reason or another. Some were in a local sorority and had a very fulfilling greek experience in college. AIs can be chapter advisors, national officers, Fraternity/Sorority Advisors for an entire greek system, etc. To think that they should keep quiet solely because of their AI status does them an injustice.