Thread: Rush Experience
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2001, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry Re: Today's the day!!

Quote:
Originally posted by UFgirl
after that we were given pink carnations and the rusher and rushee each plucked a petal from the flower and threw it into the fountain to make a wish. as I was doing so the girl who was rushing me said that she hoped my wish was the same as hers.
GRRRRR!!!! I can't even tell you how mad this makes me! Phi Mu stole our prefs ritual! My sorority, Alpha Xi Delta, used this for a decade at UF (we lost our charter last year ) and now that we're gone, so much that was special to our chapter is being taken by others. TKE rented our house and tore down all the letters. A O Pi will take over our philanthropy I'm sure. (We had the best one - Men of UF Calendar, benefitting Boggy Creek Gang Camp for critically/terminally ill kids) Now, our beautiful, special preferentials ritual is no longer ours too.

I know Panhellenic requires all the chapters to submit their rush plans and ceremonies ahead of time, so as to prevent rush infractions and duplications. Phi Mu has not used this ceremony as far as I know. We used to compete for many of the same rushees, so I'm sure many of their sisters saw our ceremony firsthand. Now that we're gone, they decided to use it.

Sigh.

P.S. UF Girl - please don't think I'm mad at you. This obviously isn't your fault. This is just my irritations with the sometimes-nasty competitiveness of the Greek system at UF

Last edited by G8Ralphaxi; 08-27-2001 at 10:40 PM.