View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PSK480
Glitter650: I need you to clarify something for me. Ok, is your chapter recognized through the greek council? I know at my school NIC and NPC aren't recognized as student organizaions b/c they are national councils. We have our own local ones that are recognized student orgs.
I hate to tell you this, but, most schools and student governments will only fund the council and not individual organizations. I know at my school individual chapters can not get senate funding b/c we have closed membership. We don't get office space, if we need an office we have to try to use the IFC office. The newspaper is right in not allowing free ads. I mean how do you think they make money? We have to pay for all of our ads, and so does anyone else who puts and ad in the newspaper. The only differences we have is that we can get rooms b/c we are a recognized student organization. That and we can hang up posters on certain bulletin boards. There must be community bulletin boards on campus where people post stuff on them, like roommate needed, car for sale, tutor, books, etc. They shouldn't be able to keep you from posting stuff on there. If this is a huge outcry by the orgs than all of you should contact your NHQ/IHQ and ask them if they could do anything to help you.
Phi Sigma Kappa - Nu Pentaton #480
"From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -William Shakespeare