View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Do 23 year olds even have destination weddings? I feel like everyone I know who got married under 30 got married fairly close to where they grew up (it makes sense since most people that young either met in college or high school and their parents are paying for it).

After 30, it doesn't seem like anyone has a wedding in their hometown unless they still live there.
Oddly enough my soon to be hubby and I still live in the same area where we grew up. Ours came down to cost and getting the best overall value.

At the place I'm going to it looked like in the promo photos they had couples under 30 getting married with others in the bridal party to appeared to be around the same age. I know a few years back when I was in Turks and Caicos we watched a wedding from afar and they were in their mid-20's which sort of surprised me because T & C was quiet at least where we were.

I think for younger couples who are from big cities where costs are outrageous (i.e. NYC or LA) it might be cheaper for the family, or who ever is footing the bill to do a destination wedding. But as KSU Violet mentioned up post, you have to look at all of the pros and cons.

Last edited by andthen; 08-05-2015 at 12:16 PM.