View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari115 View Post
I don't care about being in a top tier sorority. I was simply stating that girls can still get into those chapters without having an outstanding GPA, even though they are supposedly "harder" to get into. I also know every campus is different as far as top/mid/bottom tier sororities.

@Sororitysock I am in a sorority actually.

Good grades, community service, a good personality, beauty, rec letters, etc, all contribute to a girl getting a bid. I understand. But this topic is on GPA so that's what I was talking about.
Yet less than 24 hours ago, in this very thread, you said you were hoping you'd get a chance in spite of your lackluster GPA because of your "hard major."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari115 View Post
honestly, it's not that i think i'm better than anyone or need a free pass or anything like that, I chose this major because I want my dream job. However, I do feel like I'm deserving of a chance you know. I think of it like getting into college. It looks better if you took all AP/honors classes and got a 3.8 GPA versus someone who got a 3.9 taking all standard classes, right? I don't think all other majors are easier. All majors get more difficult over time. But I do think some are not as challenging and it's worth noting. For example, engineering major vs photography major with the same GPA...

I do know quite a few girls I went to high school with that are in top tier sororities at big universities but graduated with a 3.0-3.2 GPA. They are exceptionally beautiful though so I do think that might have something to do with it...
Your timeline is quite dubious.