View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
i'll second brownsugar952 's post.

also, check if you administration is open to having locals on campus. due to mostly insurance reasons and lack of accountability for the future, campuses are starting to shy away from having locals.
locals are pretty prevalent on cuny campuses including. I know there are locals at Brooklyn, City Tech and College of Staten Island and there might be locals at City College, Hunter (not sure if the chapter I am thinking of is recognized by the school) and Baruch.

The CUNY's just don't really have many rules regarding this. Greek life shut down in the early/mid 70's and chapters didn't really start coming back in the late 80 on some campuses but much later on others. Greek Life never really caught on with the same popularity as it had in its first incarnation (they were really big on some campuses). Since the demands of Greek Life on campus and size of chapters was never too great since then many of the campuses' administrations never focused too hard on implementing any real rules or standards.