View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish I could say something really profound. I can't, so I will say something from the heart.

This has been a most unusual week. As many know, Albertson's is the Moms' meeting place. Today I ran into one of the original mom's from last year. We talked about this upcoming rush (yes, that's the term we old folks will ALWAYS use) and discovered one true thing. Sometimes, for reasons beyond our control, things don't go as we plan. All our lives we will meet challenging situations or right in mid stream-CHANGE OUR MIND. It happens all the time. Many girls from our area have changed their minds about recruitment, about their place in Greek Life, about their MAJORS for goodness sake. I think that this is all part of individuality.

I may sound like I'm a walking contradiction, but, here goes...

There was a great little article called "Welcome to Denmark" It basically spoke of a person who had planned on traveling to a certain location. The plans were changed and the traveler was presented with a NEW destination. The point of the story was, though it would have been nice to see Paris or Germany, let's give Denmark a look and discover all the beauty there is to offer.

Life is a lot like this. We may plan our journey with great care, but some times, things happens beyond our control, with no rhyme or reason and we find our selves someplace we never expected to be. It's a different place, a place we never thought of, a place that we never considered as we made our plans and schedules.
Yet somehow, through the mist we see the beauty of the morning sun, the expanse of the open fields and the bounty of it's people. Oh my, Denmark is wonderful, exciting and challenging.
Make the most of Denmark. I hear it's a beautiful place to be.