View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey318
The main thing that keeps her worried is the reputation of the houses. She is concerned that she will be with a group that parties 4 days a week, and that is not her. She likes to go out on the weekend, but doesn't want to feel pressure to go out when all she wants to do is chill in her room with a group of friends watching a movie and eating popcorn. I explained to her that with 150+ sisters, not all of them are partiers even if that is the sorority's reputation. I hope she believes me on that-heck, I hope I believe me.
I come from one of those 150+ chapters. You hang out with the people you want to hang out with. Not everyone is best friends. In groups of 20+ it is the same. And no one is holding a gun to your head to go to a party or a social. That's always your choice to go out or your choice to stay in. Every 100+ chapter has its partiers, its homebodies, glamour girls, Plain Janes, honor roll students and girls just barely scraping by, Daddy's Girls, Working Girls (the legal kind), girls who are fashion plates and others who wouldn't wear a stitch of makeup and/or a designer label if their life depended on it. I n a chapter of that many, you can easily find a niche and make friends. Good luck.